- expand the skills of Podiatrists who have only been trained in the use of the "Dry Needling" technique.
- fill the gaps in techniques for those who have primarly focused on "Dry Needling" and not used WMA.
- Deliver the most comprehensive Dry Needling training for Podiatrists available
- Enable Podiatrists to register for the Advanced Needling Integration Workshop for Podiatrists and go on to incorporate advanced techniques into their scope and the Masterclass Needling Series
PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT BEING TRAINED IN TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE BUT IN A 'FORMULA APPROACH' TO USING NEEDLES ACCORDING TO SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES.
These techniques may be used for conditions requiring enhanced wound and tissue healing, to reduce pain and swelling in acute injuries, for reducung the pain associated with peripheral neuropathy and reducing joint pain.
Confirmed Workshops Open for Registration
The next PNP workshops open for registration.
Perth, Sunday 14th May, Saturday 20th May and Sunday 21st May. Venue: Owen Homeopathics, 443 Great Eastern Highway, Redcliffe.
Brisbane, July, dates/venue to be confirmed TBC
BYRON BAY, NSW, starting 530pm Friday 8th December, continuing full days on Saturday9th, Sunday 10th and Monday morning 11th finishing at 1230pm. TBC
Prices: Early Bird rate before 14/4/17 $810 + $81 GST = $891
Basic Cost - $850 + $85 GST = $935
You may reserve a place with a $200 deposit and to take the early bird rate pay balance by 1/5/17
Graduates of “Practical Acupuncture for Podiatrists”, are Repeaters! $500 + $50 GST = $550
2016/17 Full -time Podiatry students may register for this workshop at $450 + $45 GST = $495 earlybird
Workshop participants will leave with a “Startup Bag for use next day in clinic”
Workshop places are limited. Places are saved on receipt of payment. Fee includes $150 non-refundable administration cost up to 4 weeks before the workshop. Thereafter cancellation fee is 50% of amount paid or credit note.
Deatailed information will be forwarded on receipt of deposit or full payment
To register: Email the following information: your name, practice name and address, contact telephone number and the amount that you have paid by EFT: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any queries please also to this email address.
Payment by EFT: Account Name: Artisan – BSB: 066136 – Account #: 10022604
Reference:BB +Your Surname (e.g. BBSmith).
*****Remember: Email your details for recording as pre-reading, workshop manual and logistics information will be emailed to you prior to your workshop***
We will always advise our "Early Notification" mail list of confirmed workshops. Contact us to have your name included on this list.
Please contact us if you would like a workshop in your area.
This workshop is presented by Shane Toohey, Podiatrist since 1981 and one of the founders of Artisan Orthotic Laboratory in 1990. He is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Western Australia. Shane gained his Graduate Acupuncture Diploma in 1991 and is secretary of the Acupuncture Association of Australia, New Zealand and Asia Inc. These workshops represent 25 years of practical use of the modality and providing practical training to Podiatrists internationally for the past 10 years.
For the effective fulfillment of this intention the number of participants in each workshop is limited. The particular venue will further influence the class size.
It is also intended that participants will use this workshop as a springboard to broaden their use of this modality and be keen to add further new skills to their therapeutic base. The evidence base for this modality and scientific perspective will also be discussed. Pre reading links will be provided.
The following topics are then discussed, keeping in mind that demonstrations of practical skills will be frequently used and hands on practice with partners will follow. The intention is for participants to be ready to use acupuncture techniques immediately after the workshop in their first day back in clinic..
1. Introduction to acupuncture needles and their safe use and overall safety considerations when using acupuncture. It is acknowledged that Podiatrists with training in skin penetration, wound healing including dealing with high risk patients, injection techniques and and minor surgical procedures have the medical competency to insert an acupuncture needle.
2. Point selection criteria.
3. General considerations on methodology of use.
4. Comprehensive list of commonly used points including the point characteristics relating to Podiatric conditions.
6. An introduction to the use of what has been termed ‘dry needling’ in the treatment of myofascial trigger points.
7. Outline of point combinations for common condition including using a combination of acupuncture points and dry needling.
8. A discussion and outline of methods of combining acupuncture into your overall treatment protocols along with your current modalities.
The workshop manual and pre-reading information is fowarded before the commencement of the workshop.